Rental Support Grants provide facility rent support to those major cultural organizations that help revitalize the Phoenix downtown corridor through their presentations in city-owned performing arts facilities.
The program provides grants to the major users of the indoor, city-owned facilities under the Phoenix Stages Program (i.e. Symphony Hall, Orpheum Theatre and the Herberger Theater).
The Rental Support Program is administered by Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture in partnership with the Phoenix Convention Center's Venue Management Division.
Rental Support Program applicants do not make specific funding requests. Once an applicant is deemed eligible for grant support, funding is calculated based on seating capacities and number of performances scheduled for the upcoming performance season.
Funded activities must occur between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017. Grant funds will be released in three installments (August, November, February) and must only be used to pay rental costs for performances at Phoenix Stages Facilities.
To qualify for funding, an applicant organization:
- Must demonstrate financial and/or organizational need. [Applicants must submit a financial statement for the most recently completed fiscal year, cash flow projections and a written statement explaining how the facility rental support will help their organization build its capacity, improve the quality of its presentations and better serve the community.]
- Must be a non-profit (501c3) cultural organization
- Must utilize a Phoenix Stages facility for a minimum of 15 performances per city fiscal year
- Must have a demonstrated track record of producing performing arts events in Phoenix
- Must provide community outreach services within the city of Phoenix