As given below, the Phoenix Municipal Court has resumed many proceedings and functions that were previously scaled down due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting Executive and Administrative orders from the Governor, the Arizona Supreme Court, and the Maricopa County Superior Court.
- In-person criminal arraignments have resumed.
- In-person, civil hearings have resumed. The Court is holding video hearings for civil traffic, non-accident cases on a limited basis.
- Jury trials have resumed on a limited basis.
- Non-jury trials have resumed.
Orders of Protection, Injunctions Against Harassment
- All Order of Protection and Injunction Against Harassment proceedings continue to be held and telephonic and video appearances continue to take place where feasible.
Post-Arraignment Non-Trial Settings
- In-person, post arraignment non-trial settings have resumed.
Sentence Review Hearings
- Sentence review hearings continue to be held and are only being conducted telephonically.
General Transport of In-Custody Defendants
- General transport of in-custody defendants is taking place, except for in-custody defendants in quarantine.
Non-Essential Court Functions
- All non-essential functions, including field trips, tours, and Teen Court will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
For any rescheduled new dates for any of the above respective proceedings or functions, the Court will continue to notify all defendants, parties, or attorneys of record. Potential jurors will be summoned for jury trials as jury trial dates are set.