FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
1. Do I have to participate in FastPITCH to be eligible to be part of a proposing team?
No, you do not have to participate in FastPITCH to propose or be a part of a proposing team.
2. What are the requirements to be considered a "small business"?
FastPITCH is for small businesses with 100 or fewer employees
3. Does my business have to be certified by the City as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE)?
No, your business does not have to be a certified SBE to participate.
4. What types of businesses are invited to participate?
Small business owners that provide goods or services to support restaurant operations (produce peddlers, specialty food vendors, window washers, cleaning services, restaurant operators, and more) as well as small businesses offering goods or services to be used in the rehabilitation of the building (architects, designers, contractors, etc.).
5. What if I am a restaurant owner? Can I pitch my existing restaurant for an additional location or a new restaurant concept that I have?
A restaurant owner with fewer than 100 employees can pitch an additional location or new concept. A restaurant owner with more than 100 employees can connect with other potential proposers to explore partnership opportunities and listen to small business pitches.
6. How much time will I have for my pitch?
Each pitcher will have three minutes for her or his pitch, and two minutes will be allowed for follow-up questions from the audience.
7. Will I be "making a deal" or signing any agreement(s) on the day of the FastPITCH?
No, deals will not be made at FastPITCH. FastPITCH is about exposure and introductions for future conversations between interested parties/proposing teams.
8. Can I negotiate with more than one potential proposer?
Yes, there is no restriction on how many potential proposers you work with." Negotiating with multiple proposers increases your chances to participate in this exciting project.
9. Can I give a PowerPoint presentation?
No, there will not be any audio visual capabilities for presentations; however, pitchers may bring props or displays as appropriate.
Disclaimer: Participation in FastPITCH does not guarantee that you or your business will be selected to participate on a proposing team or result in any contract or agreement with a restaurant or developer. Participation will not result in any contract with the City of Phoenix.