About the program
The Outstanding Young Man and Young Woman (OYMYW) of the Year program
recognizes and honors the outstanding achievements of young people, enhances the
perception of youth and raises community awareness of the positive contributions
year, 16 high school students are selected as council district winners and
recognized at an event, along with the teacher who inspired them the most. Each
of the district winners will receive a cash award. From the district
winners, the two overall winners will be announced and each will receive an
additional cash award.
Winners from each council district, and the citywide Young Man and Young
Woman of the Year, will be recognized at an event and in city
publicity materials. District winners also will have an opportunity to
participate in citywide programs and special appearances to promote youth
To be considered for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current high school student (or home-schooled) in grades 9 through 12
- Live within Phoenix city limits
- Be a U.S. citizen or provide evidence that he or she is a permanent resident
of the United States
- Complete and submit a scholarship application online and send required
supporting documentation to the Review Committee within the provided deadline
- Finalist must be available for in-person interviews.
- Application and documentation must have been received or postmarked by 5:00pm March 6, 2015.
Apply now with the following steps
Give a teacher, mentor, or someone who knows you well a copy of the recommendation form.
Review and complete the Affiidavit of Lawful Presence.
Submit an online application.
For more information
Contact the Youth and Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phoenix Rotary 100
Soroptimist International of