Are you unemployed or underemployed? You may be eligible for Section 3 employment. HUD funded construction and community development projects are required to provide employment preference when hiring low-income individuals.
Section 3 Individuals
You may be eligible for Section 3 employment preference if:
- You are a resident of public housing, or
- you are a graduate of the Youthbuild program, or
- you earn less than 80 percent of the area median income (80 percent of area median income is currently $53,300 for a 4-person family).
*You must have the experience and skills required by the contractor.
Section 3 Businesses
Additionally, a portion of the contract awards need to go to qualified Section 3 firms. Section 3 businesses are those that:
- Are 51 percent owned by Section 3 qualified individuals, or
- Employ Section 3 individuals for at least 30 percent of its current, permanent, full-time staff or within three years of the date of first employment with the business were Section 3 residents.
Complete a Section 3 Interest Form and return it to:
Emmett McLaughlin Community Training and Education Center (EMCTEC)
One Stop Career Center
1150 South 7th Ave.
Monday - Friday, 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For more information call the One Stop Career Center Coordinator at 602-534-2043, or the Economic Initiatives Coordinator at 602-261-8946.