About EPP Program - It's All About Sustainable Purchasing!
The Phoenix EPP Program was formalized in 2007 in response to a City Council Resolution (#20519) (PDF), which outlined the city's major goals for sustainable purchasing. In 2009, the program won the Valley Forward Association's prestigious Crescordia Award for Environmental Stewardship. Since 2008, we have developed over 60 EPP contracts and the list is growing!
The EPP Program does the following:
- Incorporates green specifications into city's solicitations for goods and services
- Conducts sustainable purchasing training for city staff
- Guides city policy development for sustainable purchasing
- Allows vendors a forum to demonstrate products, then aligns them with appropriate procuring departments. Contact us if you have a product to demonstrate.
- Hosts the annual Green Vendor Showcase of Opportunities
- Educates about sustainable purchasing and green products at community outreach events
Read the Phoenix EPP Policy.
Please visit our Vendor Resources Page for more information on the city's preferred-product attributes and how to do business with the city.