Sustainable purchasing is a way of purchasing that considers a product or service's effect on the environment as well as the costs over its entire operating life cycle. When comparing competing products or services serving the same purpose, sustainable purchasing means selecting the product or service that has a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment.
Below are some of the types of products (and services) for which Phoenix is continuously seeking sustainable options:
- Appliances, HVAC, and Plumbing Supplies
- Building Materials and Supplies
- Cleaning/Janitorial Supplies and Services
- Office Equipment and Supplies
- Landscaping and Parks and Recreation Equipment
- Recovery/Reuse Products and Services
- Pesticides and Associated Services
- Transportation and Fleet
More Information about Sustainable Purchasing
about the Phoenix Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Program
Read the Phoenix Environmentally Preferable Purcahsing policy and learn more about third-party standards.
Read the City Success Stories!