Donations to the Pueblo Grande Museum Auxiliary are tax deductible and go directly to the museums education programs, exhibits, collection care, or archaeology program. Donations ensure that the only public accessible Hohokam Platform sites in the City of Phoenix continue to provide opportunities for education and cultural awareness to all its visitors.
The Pueblo Grande Museum has been owned and operated by the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department since 1929. However, the museum does have a nonprofit group, the Pueblo Grande Museum Auxiliary, started in 1977 to help support the museum.
Donations to the Pueblo Grande Museum Auxiliary are used for:
- Educational Programs - to teach both adults and children about the
prehistoric, historic and present cultures of Pueblo Grande and the Salt River Valley
- Exhibits - to update and maintain our current exhibits both inside and out and bring in new exhibits
- Collections - for the care and preservation of the existing collection and to obtain new pieces for our collections and to keep our research library updated.
How to donate to the Museum:
- Become a Member to support the museum and also receive benefits as well such as free admission to the museum and invitations to special events. See our Membership page for more information!
- Purchase a Fundraising Brick and it will be installed in the walkway in front of the museum. Bricks are a great way to show your dedication to the museum, appreciation to a group or organization, or as a gift for birthdays and holidays. For more information on purchasing a brick, download the brochure.
- Shop at the Museum Store , where you can buy unique, quality American Indian handcrafted pieces for any occasion. We also have a great selection of both adult and children's books on Indian culture and regional interest. Visit the Museum Store website!
- Monetary Donations can be made in our lobby donation box, through our annual spring donation drive, or by filling out this donation form and mailing it in.
- Donate a Wish List Item , generally a list of items that various museum areas need but do not have funds for. These items can be purchased and donated to the requesting area.
- Volunteer in a variety of capacities. Your time is valuable and we need a variety of volunteers to help us in our gift shop, as a tour guide, or for special events. You can check out our Volunteer page for more information on how to get started!
Thank you for your support of Pueblo Grande Museum
and the Pueblo Grande Museum Auxiliary.
We could not do it without you!!