This page outlines the major requirements and standards for holding special events on Phoenix city streets. A $400 non-refundable application fee payable to the �City of Phoenix� may be due for your event.
Once you have reviewed this information, you can fill out a special event application "En espanol" online. Please note that acceptance of a completed application should in no way be construed as approval of your request.
Terms and Explanations To Help You Fill Out Your Application
Neighborhood Notification Sample Format
City Insurance Specifications and Indemnification Clause
When Do I Need To Submit a City Street (Right of Way) Special Event Application?
- Static event on public right-of-way (street festival, concert, farmers market, etc.)
- Parade, march or procession on public right-of-way (street).
- Athletic/racing event on public right-of-way (i.e., run, walk, skate, cycle)
- No application is required for public assembly. Please contact Phoenix Police Community and Patrol Services at 602-262-7331 to coordinate this activity.
How Soon Should I Start the Process?
The process can begin twelve (12) months out from event date. The minimum times are listed below:
- Minimum of 3 months in advance
- Minimum of 5 months in advance for events requiring three (3) or more continuous miles of city right-of-way (street) use (example - 5K, 10K, Marathon, Parade, etc.).
(return to Special Event Application to complete submission)