This interactive map can be used to identify pending rezoning applications that are on file with the city of Phoenix Planning & Development Department. This map is intended to better inform residents of current rezoning activities in their community. Rezoning cases are typically requested from property owners to allow for a new use or to apply a different set of development standards (i.e. setbacks, building heights, and densities) that are not already permitted in the existing zoning district designated for their property.
Zoning regulations are intended to protect existing land uses and assure that uses are compatible with each other and with available public facilities and services. Through the rezoning process, land use and other factors are evaluated to determine the appropriateness of a specific rezoning proposal. Final approval of a rezoning request is granted by the Phoenix City Council at a public hearing.
How To Use This Map
To zoom in/out: Using the viewer tool bar at the left, click on the magnifying glass. Draw a box around the area on the map that you would like to zoom into. Repeat as needed.
To search for an address or intersection: Using the viewer menu bar at the top, click TOOLS and select "Find Address."
Address search examples
Address: 3825 N 67th Ave
Intersection (include the street type): Indian School Rd & 67th Ave
To get zoning information: Using the viewer tool bar at the left, click on the identify button (looks like an i). Click within the proposed zoning boundary. The results screen will be displayed. Click on the expand button under proposed zoning to see all of the cases associated with the zone. Click on a specific case to see the details.
To display digital imagery: Using the viewer menu bar at the top, select MAP and then "Map Contents." Slide the selector bar closer to the airplane to display digital imagery.
For additional help: Using the viewer menu bar at the top, click TOOLS and select "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Map Usage Disclaimer
The city of Phoenix provides this data for your personal use as a public resource for general information "as is." The maps shown here are for illustration purposes only and are not suitable for site-specific decision making. Information found here should not be used for making financial or any other commitments. The city of Phoenix provides this information with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, correctness and timeliness of materials presented, the city of Phoenix assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions, even if the city of Phoenix is advised of the possibility of such damage. The data may have a number of errors, which may include, but are not limited to, the following types of errors:
- Spatial errors: The areas depicted by these maps are approximate, and are not necessarily accurate to surveying or engineering standards. X/Y coordinates may be in error by several feet or more.
- Registration errors: GIS data layers may not overlay each other correctly.
- Attribute errors: Database information may be incorrect.
- Currency errors: GIS data layers, databases and documents may not be the most current available. All data is subject to constant change. Data input lags real-world changes by varying periods of time.
- Completeness errors: Data may be missing or data may be included that does not belong.
- Projection distortion: ;All map projections introduce distortion by representing the irregular shape of the earth's surface on flat maps. This affects feature shapes and map distances. We choose projections that minimize these distortions when viewing most of the city of Phoenix maps.
Please acknowledge the city of Phoenix as the source when city of Phoenix data is used in the preparation of reports, papers, publications, maps, or other products.