- Apprentice licenses are valid for one year. If the license is renewed before
it expires, a notarized letter is not required.
- If your license expires, you will need to re-apply. See how to apply for
- Journeyman licenses are valid for 36 months from the date of issuance.
- Expired licenses will not be renewed. A new license will be issued only
after the applicant successfully completes the initial test
required of all candidates for new journeyman licenses.
- Renewal examinations consist of three separate "open book" examinations
(i.e., Plumber/Gas Fitter, Mechanical, or Gas Fitter). The minimum passing grade
is 70%. Failure to pass any renewal examination will require the candidate to
retake and pass the initial journeyman test.
- The renewal information letter and exams will be mailed to the licensee's
most current address on file approximately one month prior to the expiration
- The renewal fee for individual licenses and combination licenses is per the
fee schedule. Prior
to the license being issued, the fee must be received. This fee is
Testing is based on the following:
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- - OR -
- 2012 International Plumbing code (IPC)
2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
Amendments are available through:
Code Book/Study Materials Are Available Through:
- Builders Book Depot
1001 E. Jefferson St., Suite #5, Phoenix
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
- International Code Council
For additional information, call Planning & Development at 602-495-3668,
or visit us at 438 W. Adams St., Phoenix, AZ 85003.