The city of Phoenix Planning & Development Department is pleased to provide you with assistance regarding your construction project, as well as information regarding our many programs and community educational events.
Customers may request information, submit drawings and purchase building permits at the Development Center, 200 W. Washington St., second floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85003 (northeast corner of Third Avenue and Washington Street). Tickets for counter service are distributed 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Customers with tickets may continue their business transaction through close of business at 5 p.m. Parking is located at 305 W. Washington St. (southwest corner of Third Avenue and Washington Street).
- City business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for major holidays
- Development Center service tickets are issued up to 4 p.m.
- Tickets issued by 4 p.m. may continue their business transaction through close of business at 5 p.m.
- Historic Preservation hours for walk-in customers begin at 12:30 p.m. Customers checked-in prior to 4 p.m. will be seen the same day. Appointments are scheduled in advance.
- For faster Development Center service, avoid peak times 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. Also, Mondays typically have lighter volume.
Visit phoenix.gov/pdd/waittimes to view current wait times by counter. Visit Counters to learn more about the Development Center and services provided or call 602-262-7811 for additional information.