To ensure accountability, Transportation 2050 requires a 15-member Citizens Transportation Commission, representing all aspects of the community, to oversee the plan. The committee will address street and transit needs, provide oversight on the expenditure of funds, and make recommendations on plan elements and other means of generating revenue for the plan going forward.
The committee members, who were appointed by the mayor and city council, were approved by the Phoenix City Council on Oct. 28, 2015.
The commission's first meeting will be held Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015 at 7:30 a.m. located in the 7th floor Conference
Room of the Public Transit Building, 302 N. 1st Ave., Phoenix.
Name / Term Expiration
- Gail Knight (Oct. 28, 2017) – A Balsz School District board member, represents the education community. Appointed by Mayor Greg Stanton.
- David Martin (Oct. 28, 2017) – President of the Arizona Chapter Associated General Contractors, serves as an at-large member. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Jennifer Mellor (Oct. 28, 2017) – Vice president of economic development at the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, represents the business community. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Rick Naimark (Oct. 28, 2017) – Associate vice president at Arizona State University, serves as the transportation expert. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Phil Pangrazio (Oct. 28, 2017) – President and chief executive officer at Ability 360, represents the disability community. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Ed Pastor (Oct. 28, 2017) – Former U.S. Congressman serves as an at-large member. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Quinn Whissen (Oct. 28, 2017) – Co-founder of This Could Be Phx represents transit users. Appointed by Mayor Stanton.
- Lou Snow (Oct. 28, 2018) – President at Snow Consulting LLC and resident of District 1. Appointed by Councilwoman Thelda Williams.
- William Smith (Oct. 28, 2018) – Community activist and resident of District 2. Appointed by Councilman Jim Waring.
- Bret Aldieri (Oct. 28, 2018) – Business manager at Honeywell Aerospace and resident of District 3. Appointed by Councilman Bill Gates.
- Mario Trejo Romero (Oct. 28, 2018) - Owner of The Melcher Agency located in District 4. Appointed by Councilwoman Laura Pastor.
- Sue Glawe (Oct. 28, 2018) – Vice president of community relations at Blue Cross Blue Shield and resident of District 5. Appointed by Vice Mayor Daniel Valenzuela.
- Roy Miller (Oct. 28, 2018) – Owner of Miller Marketing and Management and resident of District 4. Appointed by Councilman Sal DiCiccio.
- David Adame (Oct. 28, 2018) – Chief development officer at Chicanos Por La Causa and resident of District 7. Appointed by Councilman Michael Nowakowski.
- Patrick Brennan (Oct. 28, 2018) – Director Strategic Marketing-Business and General Aviation at Honeywell. Appointed by Councilwoman Gallego.