The following is a list of several wastes that are unacceptable or conditionally acceptable at the city’s disposal facilities. This list is provided only as a guide to help our customers and should not be considered complete or exclusive of any other wastes that might be regulated or unacceptable for some other reason. Questions regarding the acceptability of a particular waste should be directed to the landfill inspection supervisor at 602-256-3307 or email@example.com
- Regulated hazardous waste (for household hazardous waste, visit
- Polychlorinated biphenols (PCBs) or wastes mixed with PCBs
- Radioactive wastes
- Infectious wastes
- Commercial quantities of liquid wastes
- Special Waste as defined under Arizona Revised Statutes. See the
Arizona Department of Environmental Quality for more information.
Conditionally Acceptable Wastes
- No friable asbestos-containing wastes are accepted, however, non-friable asbestos containing wastes may, under some circumstances, be acceptable but
prior approval must be obtained, call 602-256-3307.
- Industrial wastes and off spec., outdated, and/or contaminated commercial products, to ensure regulatory compliance,
must receive prior approval for disposal, call 602-256-3307.
- Containers of five gallons or larger must be open, empty or contain less than one inch of dried non-hazardous residue, and be rendered unusable.
Refrigerators and CFC(Freon) containing appliances are acceptable from commercial sources only if the CFCs have been removed in accordance with EPA regulations and documentation of that removal is provided. City residents may bring in one CFC-containing appliance but must declare its presence when entering the facility.
- City residents may bring in five (5) tires per year. No tires are accepted from commercial sources.
- Dead animals and animal parts will not be accepted without prior approval and proper handling.
- Bulk propane and Freon containers must have valves removed to be acceptable for disposal.