In this section, you can learn about:
Residential Recycling Drop Off
- Drive up to the scale house.
- Tell the clerk you have recyclables from your home to drop off.
- They will tell you where to unload the recyclables.
To make your next trip to a transfer station easy, please follow these helpful tips:
- Avoid extremely busy times if possible – avoid the last hour of the day (4 - 5 p.m.) during the week and the first hour of the day (8 - 9 a.m.) on weekends. Wednesday is typically the lightest traffic day of the week.
- Do not uncover your load before entering the facility. Staff has no way of determining if your load was covered in route if you uncover before getting to the scale house and you may be charged an uncovered load fee.
- Bring a broom to clean out your vehicle before leaving the facility.
- If you have a load that is going to take a significant amount of time to unload, try to come in early enough to unload by closing time.
- Separate recyclable materials from the rest of the load to make it easier to off load in the designated recycling areas.