In 2010, the State of Arizona passed a third grade reading retention law.
"Move on When Reading" requires third grade students to read at grade level prior to being promoted to the fourth grade.
Read On Phoenix is a public/private partnership of community stakeholders dedicated to ensuring that every child will have the skills necessary to read at or above grade level by the end of third grade by collectively targeting resources and effective practices to the highest-need communities.
Every child will have the skills needed to read proficiently by the end of third grade to ensure future success in school, career and life.
· Data-driven decision making
· Effective, research-informed strategies
· Collaboration and intentional alignment and leveraging of existing services and resources
· Quality, effectiveness and fidelity to implementation
· Impact and continuous improvement for all
Increase 3rd Grade Reading Scores by 8% by 2020.
Read more about our Strategic Plan.pdf