This project will construct sidewalk and street improvements along the south side of Pinnacle Peak Road from 45th Ave to 35th avenues, reconstruct the existing pavement and upgrade the existing storm drain system. Prior to reconstruction of this section of Pinnacle Peak Road, the existing water main will be upgraded. The water main upgrade will allow for the installation of the new storm drain system and will minimize any future issues with the existing water distribution system.
- New storm drain pipe, catch basins and box culvert crossings
- New sidewalk, curb and gutter
- New street lighting
- New traffic signals at 43rd Avenue and 39th Drive
- Landscaping improvements
- Water main replacement prior to construction of project improvements
Goals of the Project
- Improve drainage
- Improve pedestrian safety and connectivity
- Improve the road condition
Construction of the water main is expected to begin in Summer 2020. The water main relocation along 43rd Avenue began in Summer 2019 and was completed in Fall 2019. Other utility relocations for this project began in Summer 2018 and were completed in Spring 2019.
Construction of street and storm drain improvements is expected to begin in early 2021.
Albert Granillo, Public Information Coordinator