This is a T2050 improvement project that includes the modification the intersections at 35th Avenue and Camelback Road and 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road, as well as installing street lights along the west side of the 35th Avenue between Camelback Road and Bethany Home Road. The intersection modifications include installing a flashing yellow arrow and re-striping the intersections to improve safety for left turn movements. Installation of new traffic signals and ADA curb ramps will also be included at both intersections.
- New street lighting
- New traffic signals with flashing yellow arrow
- Improving safety for left turn lanes
- Travel lane width reductions to accommodate new left turn configuration. Number of travel existing travel lanes to remain.
- New ADA ramps
Example of New Left Turn Lane Striping
(Number of existing travel lanes to remain.)
Goals of the Project
- Improve safety along 35th Avenue between Camelback Road and Bethany Home Road
- Design anticipated to be completed in the Spring of 2021
- Constructions anticipated to begin Early 2022
Updated December, 2020