Phoenix Police Department is currently hiring see instructions for written exam!
The written exam will be administered on the following dates:
- March 18, 2016, at 2:00 PM - Registration Closed
- April 15, 2016, at 2:00 PM - Registration Closed
- May 20, 2016, at 2:00 PM - Registration Open
- June 17, 2016, at 2:00 PM - Registration Open
- July 15, 2016, at 2:00 PM
Registered applicants will receive an email confirmation with test location and further information.
For those applicants who have passed the written test the following dates are available for the Physical Agility Test.
- February 20, 2016, is at 8:00 AM with a check in at 7:00 AM
- March 19, 2016, is at 8:00 AM with a check in at 7:00 AM
- April 16, 2016, is at 8:00 AM with a check in at 7:00 AM
- May 21, 2016, is at 7:00 AM with a check in at 6:00 AM
- June 18, 2016, is at 7:00 AM with a check in at 6:00 AM
- July 16, 2016, is at 7:00 AM with a check in at 6:00 AM
How to Start Your Career with the Phoenix Police Department
The Written Test
Qualified applicants will receive a letter inviting them to the written test. Note: Applicants will not be admitted to the test without a photo ID.
Physical Agility Assessment
Offered only to those who successfully pass the written test. The test will be administered at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy.
Background Questionnaire Investigation & Interview
The AZPOST background packet is given to those who successfully complete both the written and physical agility assessments. The packet must be completed by the applicant and returned to the Personnel and Employee Development Bureau for review. Qualified applicants are contacted a short time later (1-4 weeks) to set-up the initial interview. Applicants will now be required to bring a completed resume to their first interview.
620 West Washington St., Suite #107
Phoenix, AZ 85003
STEP 5: Polygraph Examination
Applicants will be given a polygraph examination (lie detector test) administered by a trained, professional examiner. The test will confirm information noted on the applicant's background investigation packet.
Applicants will be evaluated by a licensed psychologist.
Applicants will undergo a complete medical examination given by a licensed physician.
Controlled Substance Screening
Applicants will be required to submit to a urinalysis at some point in the hiring process.
Phone: 602-534-COPS (2677)