Phoenix Police Department is currently hiring see instructions for written exam!
- Open enrollment will begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 for those applicants who are interested in taking the police written exams scheduled for Saturday, October 10, 2015 this test is in Yuma, AZ.
- Open enrollment will begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 for those applicants who are interested in taking the police written exams scheduled for Friday, October 16, 2015.
- Open enrollment will begin on Monday October 12, 2015 for those applicants who are interested in taking the police written exams scheduled for Thursday, November 5, 2015, and Friday, November 13, 2015
For those applicants who have passed the written test the following two dates are available for the Physical Agility Test.
- September 19, 2015 at 7:00AM with check in at 6:00AM
- Saturday, October 10, 2015 is at 12:00PM with check in at 11:00PM for this test is in Yuma, AZ.
- Saturday, October 17, 2015 is at 7:00AM with check in at 6:00AM
- Saturday, November 14, 2015 is at 8:00AM with a check in at 7:00AM
How to Start Your Career with the Phoenix Police Department
The Written Test
Qualified applicants will receive a letter inviting them to the written test. Note: Applicants will not be admitted to the test without a photo ID.
Physical Agility Assessment
Offered only to those who successfully pass the written test. The test will be administered at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy.
Background Questionnaire Investigation & Interview
The AZPOST background packet is given to those who successfully complete both the written and physical agility assessments. The packet must be completed by the applicant and returned to the Personnel and Employee Development Bureau for review. Qualified applicants are contacted a short time later (1-4 weeks) to set-up the initial interview.
620 West Washington St., Suite #107
Phoenix, AZ 85003
STEP 5: Polygraph Examination
Applicants will be given a polygraph examination (lie detector test) administered by a trained, professional examiner. The test will confirm information noted on the applicant's background investigation packet.
Applicants will be evaluated by a licensed psychologist.
Applicants will undergo a complete medical examination given by a licensed physician.
Controlled Substance Screening
Applicants will be required to submit to a urinalysis at some point in the hiring process.
Phone: 602-534-COPS (2677)