Citizens Transportation Commission
To ensure accountability, T2050 requires a 15-member Citizens Transportation Commission to represent various facets of the community and oversee the plan. The committee addresses street and transit needs, provides oversight on the expenditure of funds, and make recommendations on plan elements and other means of generating revenue for the plan going forward.
The commission members are appointed by the mayor and councilmembers.
Name / Term Expiration
- Gail Knight – A Balsz School District board member, represents the education community. Appointed by former Mayor Greg Stanton.
- David Martin – President of the Arizona Chapter Associated General Contractors, serves as an at-large member. Appointed by former Mayor Stanton.
- Jennifer Mellor* – Vice president of economic development at the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, represents the business community. Appointed by former Mayor Stanton.
- Rick Naimark – Associate vice president at Arizona State University, serves as the transportation expert. Appointed by former Mayor Stanton.
- Phil Pangrazio – President and chief executive officer at Ability 360, represents the disability community. Appointed by former Mayor Stanton.
- Brookelynn Nisenbaum – Community Planning Manager at Local First Arizona. Appointed by Mayor Gallego.
- Luis Heredia – Executive Director of the Arizona Education Association. Appointed by Mayor Gallego.
- Frank Steinmetz – District 1 resident. Appointed by Councilwoman Williams to represent District 1.
- William Smith – Community activist. Appointed by Vice Mayor Jim Waring to represent District 2.
- David Moody – Former city of Peoria city engineer and assistant street transportation director and deputy development services director with the city of Phoenix. Appointed by Councilwoman Debra Stark to represent District 3.
- Gabriel Loyola – Independent consultant for Loyola & Associates. Appointed by Councilwoman Laura Pastor to represent District 4.
- Sue Glawe – Vice president of community relations at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Appointed by former Councilman Daniel Valenzuela to represent District 5.
- Roy Miller – Owner of Miller Marketing and Management. Appointed by Councilman Sal DiCiccio to represent District 6.
- David Adame – Chief development officer at Chicanos Por La Causa. Appointed by Councilman Michael Nowakowski to represent District 7.
Gloria Montaño Green – Political director at CHISPA Arizona. Appointed by Councilman Garcia to represent District 8.
* CTC Chair
Next Meeting Agenda