The following also is provided in Spanish. Lo siguiente también es provisto en Español.
Councilman Michael Nowakowski is a lifelong resident of Phoenix. He holds a Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Religious Studies from Arizona State University. He is married to Delia Ortega-Nowakowski and is a proud parent to Victor, Michael Ray, Irene, Carlos Raul, Raymond Casmir and Angel.
Michael also is the Vice President of Communications of Radio Campesina, a network of 10 nonprofit Spanish-language radio stations. Prior to Radio Campesina, he worked with the Catholic Diocese of Phoenix, where he served as Assistant Director of the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
He currently serves as chair of the City Council Public Safety & Veterans Subcommittee. He is a member of the following subcommittees: Finance, Efficiency, Economy & Sustainability; and Parks, Arts, Transparency & Education.
Michael has served Phoenix in many other capacities as well. Some of his proudest works for Phoenix include:
- Executive Vice President of the Cesar Chavez Foundation Communication Fund
- City of Phoenix Historic Bond Committee Co-Chair 2006
- Member of a Police Chief's Advisory Board for more than 16 years
- Founding member of the Mayor's Anti-Graffiti Task Force
- City of Phoenix Census 2000 and 2010 committees
- Phoenix Union High School Superintendent's Advisory Board
- Chairman of Santa Rosa Neighborhood Council
Throughout his life Michael has worked to make a difference and build community. His philosophy of service to others was deeply influenced by his parents, who taught him the value of community involvement.
Join Michael in achieving a "shared vision" to make Phoenix a place that everyone can take pride in. He looks forward to working shoulder to shoulder with Community Leaders in Phoenix to accomplish great goals and make the community he loves an even better place to live, work, play, learn and visit.
City of Phoenix, Council Office
200 W. Washington St., 11th floor
Phoenix, AZ 85003