Permits, Licenses and Taxes

​Share this page​

​​​​The permits and taxes page is filled with helpful links to get your projects done quickly and efficiently.  Schedule, cancel or check the status or results of building, fire, elevator, zoning, signage, or alarm permits and inspections.

Information regarding oversized vehicle permits, resident permit parking, placing a request for public records, and copyright procedures are also located here. You may also pay and file privilege (sales) tax. 



Alarm Permits (PDF) - Need information about applying for a burglar or fire alarm permit?  Licensed alarm agents, companies and fire prevention contractors can find it here.



Building Permit Services - Visit this webpage to get information on building permits, including electronic plan reviews and requesting or canceling a building inspection.



Extended Construction Work Hours Permit (PDF) -  Use this form if you are a contractor wanting to perform construction work outside of regular work hours on weekdays or on weekends.



Filming Permit - Want to film at a city location?  Many video and film shoots, including, but not limited to, student films, commercial photography, TV shows, and documentaries, require a permit from the City of Phoenix Film Office.



Oversize Vehicle Permits - Use this form to apply for a permit for an oversize vehicle such as a truck mounted crane, drill rig or pumper; a mobile home on its own axles.



Park Permits - Planning an event at a city park? Get information about how to avoid conflicts with other park visitors.  



Resident Permit Parking - Get information about the city's Resident Permit Parking Program (RPPP), established in 1987 as a tool to address difficult neighborhood parking intrusion problems. 



Sign Inspections and Permits - Visit this webpage to find out how to request a sign inspection and permit by phone or online. 



Zoning Use Permits​ and Variances - Find out about the requirements to allow use of a piece of property as permitted by the Zoning Ordinance or how to apply for a variance to allow a deviation from a development standard required by the Zoning Ordinance. 




Pay and File Privilege (Sales) Tax Online - Find information on how to sign-up for e-Tax and take advantage of online services such as filing original and amended sales tax returns, pay license fees and taxes due, review account history, and make address and contact changes.