Desert Horizon Precinct
Commander Brian Issitt
The Desert Horizon Police Precinct is staffed by Phoenix Police Department employees which is located at 16030 North 56th Street. The Desert Horizon Precinct also is responsible for the Sunnyslope Neighborhood Police Station which is located at 750 West Peoria Avenue. Officers are not usually in the station for contact; they are dispatched through the Police Communications operators by calling Crime Stop at 602-262-6151. Police Aides are assigned to the Desert Horizon Precinct and the Sunnyslope Neighborhood Police Station and are available to answer the telephone and provide general information to walk-in visitors generally from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Desert Horizon Precinct serves approximately 74.92 square miles with an approximate population of 311,770 residents.
- Provide police patrol response to the residents of Phoenix within the Desert Horizon Precinct Boundaries.
- Proactively patrol neighborhood and commercial areas.
- Enforce criminal, traffic laws, and investigate criminal matters.
- Surveillance/enforcement of various areas of criminal activity [Neighborhood Enforcement Team]
- Assist with community groups concerns and Block Watches [Community Action Officer].
- Assist with public safety education and training.
Click the map for a printable version of the most recent boundaries