About the Program
The City of Phoenix Green Business Leader Program recognizes and promotes businesses that volunteer to operate in a more environmentally responsible manner through waste diversion. The goal for this program is for the participants to agree to a three-year commitment to offer recycling services, and to properly separate out their recyclables and trash.
The program can bring sustainability and waste diversion to the forefront of businesses, as well as to encourage their employees and customers to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Visual media kit including a certificate and window decal
- Rights to use an electronic version of the Green Business logo on your website and marketing materials
- Recognition by the Phoenix Mayor and City Council members
- Cross-marketing opportunities including promotion on Public Works social media
- Access to Public Works staff for recycling education and recycling facility tours
Green Business Prerequisites
To be eligible for the Green Business program, your business must:
- Be located within Phoenix city limits
- Provide recycling to your employees and customers. (Composting is optional and a bonus.)
- Subscribe to an adequate recycling and landfill hauling service
- Provide the City of Phoenix with quarterly metrics on the percentage of waste your business is diverting from the landfill