Tow Contract Info
The Phoenix Police Department Public Records and Services Unit is located at 1717 East Grant Street, Suite #100, Phoenix, AZ 85034.
The Public Records and Services Unit is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are closed on most holidays (please call first if it is a holiday).
All hearings are held during normal business hours only.
You have ten business days to request a hearing from the date the vehicle was towed.
Vehicle releases for vehicles impounded under ARS 28-3511 and Phoenix city code 23-55 are issued during normal business hours only.
If your vehicle has been impounded, please see the information below regarding the Arizona Revised Statutes and Phoenix City Code on impoundment of vehicles.
If your STOLEN VEHICLE was recovered and impounded by the Phoenix Police Department pursuant to ARS 28-871 and Phoenix City Code Chapter 36, for information about your rights and how to reclaim your vehicle.
If your vehicle was impounded by the Phoenix Police Department for violation of ARS 28-871 and Phoenix City Code Chapter 36, for information on your rights and how to reclaim the vehicle.
Your vehicle will be impounded by the Phoenix Police Department for violation of Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 28-3511 when the following occurs:
- The driver is in an accident,
AND has no proof of insurance,
AND has a suspended, revoked or cancelled driver's license for any reason, or has never been issued a driver's license.
- The driver's license is revoked or suspended for any reason.
- The driver has never had a driver's license issued in Arizona or by any other jurisdiction.
- The driver is arrested for either Extreme DUI or Aggravated DUI.
- The driver is under legal drinking age and has any alcohol in their body.
- The driver was operating a vehicle without a certified ignition interlock device when he/she is subject to an ignition interlock device.
Information for lien holders or repossession agents.