For Phoenix Resident Disposal Customers
A resident customer paying full service monthly refuse/trash fees may receive disposal on one load of up to 1 ton (2,000 pounds) each calendar month at no charge upon complying with the following:
- Present a copy of their city services (water, sewage, trash) bill showing they have an active account paying full service refuse/trash fees that are current and not delinquent.
- Present photo I.D. with name or address matching the city services bill or account. No substitutions permitted.
Over 1 Ton
Residents' loads exceeding one ton will be required to leave a deposit and weigh out after dumping. The customer must pay the current gate rate of $55/ton for any material disposed in excess of one ton. Transfer Station Guide
For Disposal Customers
City of Phoenix Solid Waste Facility Fees Increase
On April 19, 2023, the City of Phoenix City Council approved the increase of Solid Waste disposal facility fees. The rate increases will go into effect on Monday, May 22, 2023.
Disposal Sites: 27th Avenue Solid Waste Transfer Station and North Gateway Transfer Station
Gate Rate Fee Increase
Current Gate Rate Fee: $44.00 per Ton
New Gate Rate Fee: $55.00 per Ton
Minimum Fee Increase
Current Rate Minimum Fee: $30.00
New Minimum Fee: $40.00 (1 pound to 1,454 pounds)
Refrigerated Appliance Fee
Current Fee: $10.00 per appliance
New Fee: $20.00 per appliance.
**All fee increases will take effect on Monday, May 22, 2023.
Q) Why are rates increasing?
A) The City of Phoenix Public Works Department has experienced an increase in operational costs such as transportation and fuel and must raise its disposal rates to cover those costs.
Q) What notice was given to customers regarding the fee increase?
- February 1, 2023 - City of Phoenix Public Works Department posted a Notice of Intent to Modify a Fee on the City of Phoenix Public Works website, social media, and the City’s Public-Notice-Tax-and-Fee Change website.
- March 13, 2023 – 15-day notice of intent posted before Council vote
- April 19, 2023 – Council approved recommendation to increase the gate rate.
All loads will be charged $55 per ton of disposal material ($40 minimum charge).
Both transfer stations accept cash and credit cards.* Checks or money orders are not accepted.
**Please note, the City is unable to accept credit and debit card deposits. This is a bank policy and not within the control of the City of Phoenix.
Express Exit Disposal Permit Decal
All commercial/business customers must have an
Express Exit Disposal Permit Decal for each vehicle and use it for entrance into the disposal facility.
Other disposal customers or customers not yet issued an Express Exit Disposal Permit decal:
- Will be required to leave a cash deposit. Please note, the City is unable to accept credit and debit card deposits. This is a bank policy and not within the control of the City of Phoenix.
- Must weigh in and weigh out when entering and exiting the transfer station.
Customers may be directed by facility staff to sort their loads into specific areas when unloading for waste diversion and recycling purposes.
Boats and Spas
Boats and spas must be cut into fourths to avoid a $50 penalty fee. Must also bring registration or title to prove ownership.
Residents can purchase compost containers constructed from old garbage containers for $5. Please call ahead for availability. The transfer station cannot reserve a container for you. The containers are on a first-come, first-served basis.