Scheduled Curbside Pick-up
A resident may request a scheduled pick-up of old appliances for a fee. For a scheduled curbside pick-up, a resident will:
- Put no more than five appliances in front of property just behind the sidewalk or behind the curb if there is no sidewalk.
- Not place appliances in the alley or in garage/carport.
- Secure doors with tape as a safety precaution or remove the doors completely.
- Ensure all appliances are empty.
To schedule a pick-up or receive more information about this service, the resident may contact the Public Works' Customer Care Center.
How much will a scheduled curbside pick-up cost?
- For refrigerators or other appliances with coolant, such as refrigerant/Freon, there is a $20 charge per item. For example, if you have two refrigerators for pickup, it will cost $40.
- It costs $20 for up to 5 non-refrigerant/Freon appliances. For example, if you have one stove, one dryer, and one refrigerator, it will cost $40: $20 for stove and dryer pickup and $20 for the refrigerator because it has refrigerant.
- A pick-up for more than 5 (five) appliances will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- A fee will appear on the resident's city services bill for the next billing cycle.
- A cancellation fee will be charged to the resident if a scheduled pick-up is not cancelled prior to the confirmed day.
A maximum of two televisions, CRT or non-CRT, are allowed per pick-up. If you have more than two televisions, you can bring them to one of our transfer stations. A fee of $20 per CRT unit will be charged after the first 2 (two) units. CRTs will not be accepted from any commercial or non-profit entities.