Scheduled Curbside Pick-up
A resident may request a scheduled pick-up of old appliances for a fee. For a scheduled curbside pick-up, a resident will:
- Put no more than five appliances in front of property just behind the sidewalk or behind the curb if there is no sidewalk.
- Not place appliances in the alley or in garage/carport.
- Secure doors with tape as a safety precaution or remove the doors completely.
- Ensure all appliances are empty.
To schedule a pick-up or receive more information about this service, the resident may contact the Public Works' Customer Care Center.
How much will a scheduled curbside pick-up cost?
- Refrigerators and other home appliances with coolant, such as refrigerant/Freon, is a $20 charge for each home appliance.
- All other appliances is a $20 charge, up to 5 items.
- A pick-up for more than five appliances, will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Pick-up charges will appear on the resident's city services bill for the next billing cycle.
- A cancellation fee will be charged to the resident if a scheduled pick-up is not cancelled prior to the confirmed day.