Transfer station drop-off
A resident can recycle their appliances by taking them to one of Phoenix's two transfer stations. Residents paying solid waste fees are allowed to drop off one appliance per year for free. Once they have used their one free appliance, it will cost $10 per appliance.
Scheduled curbside pick-up
A resident may request a scheduled pick-up of old appliances for a fee. For a scheduled curbside pick-up, a resident will:
- Put no more than five appliances in front of property just behind the sidewalk or behind the curb if there is no sidewalk.
- Not place appliances in the alley or in garage/carport.
- Secure doors with tape as a safety precaution or remove the doors completely.
- Ensure all appliances are empty.
To schedule a pick-up or receive more information about this service, the resident may contact the Public Works' Customer Care Center.
Curbside pick-up cost
- For refrigerators or other appliances with coolant, such as refrigerant/Freon, there is a $20 charge per item. For example, if you have two refrigerators for pickup, it will cost $40.
- It costs $20 for up to 5 non-refrigerant/Freon appliances. For example, if you have one stove, one dryer, and one refrigerator, it will cost $40: $20 for stove and dryer pickup and $20 for the refrigerator because it has refrigerant.
- A pick-up for more than 5 (five) appliances will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- A fee will appear on the resident's city services bill for the next billing cycle.
- A cancellation fee will be charged to the resident if a scheduled pick-up is not cancelled prior to the confirmed day.
A maximum of two televisions, CRT or non-CRT, are allowed per pick-up. If you have more than two televisions, you can bring them to one of our transfer stations. A fee of $20 per CRT unit will be charged after the first 2 (two) units. CRTs will not be accepted from any commercial or non-profit entities.