At home or away, staying alert can save the day!
- If you are driving, make sure your vehicle has been properly serviced and is in good condition for the journey.
- Try to have specific directions and routes to your destination.
- If you get lost, call the local police for directions or help.
- Always keep your vehicle doors and windows locked.
- At stop lights and other traffic delays, leave enough space in front of your vehicle so that you have an escape option in case of an emergency.
- Let someone know the route you intend to travel and your itinerary. This will help authorities in finding you if there is a need to do so.
- Plan your trip carefully and allow for factors such as weather, fatigue, facilities for lodging, food and fuel.
- Be sure you have sufficient finances, either cash, travelers checks or credit cards.
- Ask the hotel or motel staff about their security measures so you know what to expect.
- Use the hotel safe to store your valuables during your stay.
- Staying alert to safety may make your vacation much more pleasant and enjoyable. Being a victim of a crime is no fun.
RELAX, have FUN, and be SAFE!
For additional information about burglary prevention, Block Watch, and other crime prevention measures, call your area Phoenix Police Precinct, to locate your precinct click HERE.