Impact Fee calculations are set so that each type of land use pays a fair share of the infrastructure required to support development in the city's growth areas. In addition, different areas have unique infrastructure requirements, so the cost of providing the same level of service in each area may vary. This results in different fees for different uses, as well as different fees for different impact fee areas.
The table below indicates the impact fees due at the time a construction permit is issued for a single-family home in each of the 8 different impact fee areas within the city of Phoenix. All links within the table are in PDF format.
Single-Family Residential Impact Fees
Effective September 5, 2016
Impact Fee Area|
(click on name for detailed table)
(click for detailed map)
Net Impact Fee1,2||
Total Due at Time Permit Is Issued|
1. The Net Impact Fee may be lower than shown in the table if
impact fee credits are applicable.
2. Assumes a 1" water meter or smaller, and separate payment of a $600 Water and $600 Sewer Development Occupational Fee.
3. The Administrative Charge is payable in addition to the net impact fees, and is non-refundable.
Multi-Family, Commercial, and Industrial Development
Calculating Impact Fees for multi-family developments (apartments/condominiums), commercial, and industrial developments is somewhat more complicated, since there are more variables involved.
Impact Fee Staff can provide an impact fee estimate specific to your development. Please email the following information to staff to obtain your estimate:
- Planned use (commercial, office, industrial, multifamily, public/institutional)
- Which impact fee area the project is located within (see
Map of Impact Fee Areas (PDF))
- Gross acreage of the property (if located in the
Laveen (PDF) or
Estrella (PDF) Impact Fee Areas)
- Square footage of buildings
- Number of units (for apartments/condos)
- Type and size of water meter(s) (for water impact fees)