Frequently Asked Questions

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Where can I pay my fine?

300 W. Washington St.

Phoenix, AZ 85003-2103

Directions to Phoenix Municipal Court

Traffic and Parking Payment Options

When is my court date?

Check the citation or call Court Information ​at (602) 262-6421.


What if I am unable to pay my fines?

If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgment of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge. Payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the Cou​rt or your attorney.


How do I get a refund on my cash bail?

Once authorized by the Judge, the refund should be received within two weeks of a defendant's court date.


There is a warrant out for my arrest, what do I do?

Appear in court as soon as possible to see a Judge.  You may also pay a bail/bond over the phone with a Debit or Credit card at 602 262-6421.  Outside of regular court business hours, you may pay a bail/bond at the Maricopa County 4th Avenue Jail. 


When am I scheduled for the Defensive Driving Program (Traffic School)?

Contact the school with which you registered. Refer to Defensive Driving Program for more information.


Where do I have to report for the Defensive Driving Class?​

Contact the school with which you registered.


Where do I go to get a continuance for my Defensive Driving Class?

You may request a continuance to complete your Defensive Driving Class by submitting a written request to the Court within seven (7) days of your court date.  For information call the court at (602) 262-6421.


I went to the Defensive Driving Class, now what happens?

When you complete the class at an Arizona Supreme Court certified school, the school notifies the court of your completion and the charge is dismissed on your record. For further questions, call the Court at (602) 262-6421.


Can I take advantage of the Defensive Driving program for an Arizona citation if I live out-of-state?

If you live out of state and elect to attend the Defensive Driving Program (DDP), you must either complete an online course or return to Arizona to complete an in-person classroom course.  You must select a school from the certified list provided on the Arizona Supreme Court website at:


Where do I go to get protection from my violent spouse?

Request an "Order of Protection​." Call Court Information at (602) 262-7120 or come to the Court at 300 West Washington Street, Room 608, Phoenix.


Where do I go to stop threats from my neighbor/acquaintance/coworker, etc?

Request an "Injunction Against Harassment." Call Court Information at (602) 262-7120 or come to Court at 300 West Washington Street, Room 608, Phoenix.


Where do I go to learn if my license has been suspended?

Contact the State of Arizona Motor Vehicle Division at (602) 255-0072.


Where do I go regarding my vehicle registration?

Contact the State of Arizona Motor Vehicle Division at (602) 255-0072.


Where do I go to get my spouse to pay child support?

Contact Maricopa County Family Support Enforcement at (602) 506-3762. Information is also available on-line through Maricopa County Clerk of the Superior Court and through the State of Arizona Department of Economic Security.


Where do I go regarding child custody?

Contact Maricopa County Superior Court at (602) 506-3011.


Where do I go to learn if my divorce is final?

Contact Maricopa County Superi​or Court at (602) 506-3011.


Where do I get a marriage license?

Contact Clerk of Superior C​ourt's Office at (602) 372-5375.


Where do I go to file for bankruptcy?

Contact the US Bankruptcy Court at (602) 682-4007 or (866) 553-0893.


Where do I go to sue a contractor/neighbor/etc?

Contact Maricopa County​ Justice Court at (602) 506-3011.


My car was impounded.  What do I need to do?

Contact the Police Department Code Enforcement, Vehicle Impound Unit at (602) 495-2096.


I need a copy of the police report/accident report?

You can obtain a copy of the police/accident report through the Police Department.  Call (602) 534-1127 or visit Phoenix Public Records for information.


I went to jail for my complaints, why do I still owe money? 

It is possible that the judge allowed your jail time to be applied to your criminal charges. Civil charges are not eligible for jail credit.  For further questions, call the Court at (602) 262-6421.


Why do I have to go to Traffic Survival School? 

The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) requires all persons who are found responsible for a red light (28-645) or flashing light (28-647) violation to attend Traffic Survival School (TSS).  MVD provides the specific information on school locations, dates and times after they are notified by the Court that a person has been found responsible for one of these violations.  You can contact MVD at (602) 255-0072.


What is the Court Technology Enhancement Fee?

The Court Technology Enhancement Fee is an ordinance approved by the City Council which authorizes the Court to impose a fee on any case for which there is a fine, sanction, penalty or assessment ordered by the Phoenix Municipal Court. Funds collected will be used to enhance court technology.