NOTICE OF CLOSING OF PUBLIC HOUSING WAITLIST
Effective July 31, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. local Phoenix time, the City of Phoenix Housing Department will close the public housing waiting list for the Scattered Sites Homeownership Program.
The City of Phoenix owns and manages over 300 single family homes with 2, 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms scattered throughout Phoenix. Rent is based on income and participants must pay for their own utilities. A security deposit is required at move-in, and is equal to 30% of monthly adjusted income. Admission to and continued occupancy of a Scattered Sites unit is limited to families who meet the established criteria for the Section 32 Homeownership Program.
- Applicants must be a family of two or more who meet the minimum and maximum income requirements.
- Criminal background checks will be performed on adult family members.
- Adult family members must pass a credit check.
- Families must have an acceptable rental history.
- Applicants must not have any debts to current or previous landlords.
- Applicants must not owe any money to any assisted housing program.