The City of Phoenix owns and manages over 300 single family homes with 2, 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms scattered throughout Phoenix. Rent is based on income and participants must pay for their own utilities. A security deposit is required at move-in, and is equal to 30% of monthly adjusted income. Admission to and continued occupancy of a Scattered Sites unit is limited to families who meet the established criteria for the Section 32 Homeownership Program.
- Applicants must be a family of two or more who meet the minimum and maximum income requirements.
- Criminal background checks will be performed on adult family members.
- Adult family members must pass a credit check.
- Families must have an acceptable rental history.
- Applicants must not have any debts to current or previous landlords.
- Applicants must not owe any money to any assisted housing program.