​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Section 8 Housing Voucher Programs​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​image of homes in a row

​​The city's Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and is available for low-income individuals and families to provide safe and decent affordable housing. Program participants pay at least 30 percent of their monthly income toward their rent to a private landlord of their choice and the program will p​ay the landlord the remaining balance of the rent.  

Office  location:
830 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85034

Important Phone Numbers:
Customer Service: 602-534-1974

Setting up an appointment:
602-262-6040 or S8appointment@phoenix.gov
Porting into the City of Phoenix:
602-262-4457 or S8portability@phoenix.gov
Owners/Landlords: section8landlord@phoenix.gov
Finance: S8finance@phoenix.gov​
Applicants: S8intake@phoenix.gov​

Fax: 602-534-4243​

Quadel Phoenix Contact Information


Program​​ Resources​



​The city of Phoenix has been awarded 903 vouchers to provide housing to homeless veterans under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH). This program combines HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program rental assistance for homeless veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
The case managers at the local VAMC are responsible for referring eligible homeless veterans to the city -- interested homeless veterans should contact their local VAMC directly.  If you are a homeless veteran and want to be connected to VA services and pro​grams and other community services call  1-877-4AID VET (877-424-3838).

Housin​g Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)

The city of P​hoenix is the grantee for the federal formula grant Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program and administers HOPWA funded activities for residents of Maricopa and Pinal Counties.  For information about these services, contact the Care Directions Housing Information Services program at 602-264-2273. The Housing Information Specialist will match housing needs with appropriate housing providers in Maricopa and Pinal Counties. View the HOPWA Fact Sheet​​​

Program News

Important Announcement Regarding the Owner/Landlord Incentive Program

May 1, 2024

The Owner/Landlord Incentive Program has supported voucher families in securing housing units in the private rental market over the last several years.  Incentive payments for Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts, effective May 1, 2024, and after, will be paid out until funds are exhausted.  The Owner/Landlord Incentive Program will sunset once the program expends the remaining available funds​.​

Download the Landlord Incentive Program flyer


City of Phoenix Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waitlist​​

Oct 1, 2023

The City of Phoenix Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) waitlist is now closed.  For frequently asked closing questions, ​​​​​​​​visit the S8waitlist webpage.​​​

New Appointment-Only and Walk-In Days
September 12, 2022
Beginning Mon., Sept. 12, 2022, the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Office will offer designated Appointment-only and Walk-in days, as well as ongoing phone and virtual customer service options.
  • ​Appointment-Only Days: Mon-Wed-Fri
    Lobby Hours: 8am – 4pm (Appointment required)
  • Walk-In Days: Tues-Thur
    Lobby Hours: 8am – 4pm (No appointment required)
To request an appointment during an Appointment-Only day, please email or call the dedicated appointment line at S8appointment@phoenix.gov​ or call 602-262-6040.  Current participants and owners can contact assigned Housing Specialists by calling or emailing the staff listed on the Quadel Phoenix Staff Contact List.  Walk-in assistance will be provided in-office during the designated days and hours of operation listed above.  The outdoor secure drop box will be available at all times for continued delivering of documents.  Please keep in mind that the Section 8 waiting list is currently​ closed.​

Additional Links

​LandlordsTenantsInspectionsSign Up for Section 8
HCV Updates


International Symbol of Access fair housing symbol

The City of Phoenix Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status in admission or access to its programs.  If you need to request a reasonable accommodation or free​ language translation services, please email your Housing Representative or call our reception service at 602-534-1974 for your representative.

For TTY or other such accommodations please use 7-1-1 Friendly. ​

​Para solicitar alojamiento razonable o servicios gratuitos de traducción de idiomas, llame al 602-534-1974. Para la línea TTY u otros servicios similares, debe tener compatibilidad con 7-1-1.

Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance​



Source of Income

The Equal Opportunity Department will begin enforcing the recent amendment to Chapter 18 of the City Code, on April 6, 2023. The amendment is designed to address housing discrimination against persons who receive various kinds of sources of income, including but not limited to Housing Choice (section 8) vouchers, and other forms of governmental assistance. For a list of additional housing discrimination protections and to learn more about initiating a complaint if you believe you have been a victim of discrimination because of your source of income, please visit phoenix.gov/EOD, call (602) 262-7486, or email contact.eod@phoenix.gov
View Press Release: Source of Income Discrimination Ban Goes into Effect April 6​