Frequently Asked Questions

​Share this page​

​​Q: Can you help me with my case?

A: Yes, we have approximately 85 attorneys that are available to represent clients.  If you have a criminal misdemeanor in our court (Phoenix Municipal Court) and you qualify for our representation, we will assign​ an attorney to help you.  See Cases We Handle to see if you qualify. If you have a criminal case in another court, you should ask the judge at your first (or next) court appearance to appoint an attorney to your case and the judge will determine your eligibility. Feel free to contact us if you need additional guidance, we are here to help. Call 602-262-1838.

Q: What court is handling my case?

A: If you don’t know which court is handling your case, please refer to the paperwork you were given at the time you were cited or released from custody.  Here is a link to a website that offers some information about cases that may help as well:

Q: I have an attorney with your office, I just don’t know how to reach them.  What should I do?

A: That's all right, you probably misplaced the contact information you should have been given when you met with our intake staff.  Just give us a call at 602-262-1838 and we will give you your attorney’s contact information.

Q: I missed my court date and there may be a warrant out for me, what should I do?

First, try to avoid any police contact, because officers are required to take people into custody if there is an outstanding arrest warrant for that person.  Next, if you have an attorney, contact them immediately.  If your case is in our court, (Phoenix Municipal Court) contact our office as soon as possible.  It is best to have a good explanation when you go before a judge and request that the warrant be quashed (removed).  Also, the sooner you come in and make the request with a good explanation, the more likely the judge is to quash the warrant.  We have attorneys on the 2nd floor arraignment desk who can try to help you.