Downtown Sidewalk Vending
The following information outlines the requirements for the vending of food at fixed sidewalk locations within the Downtown Vending District. Downtown Sidewalk Vending sites are awarded annually (for January 1 through December 31) by a bid process and requires that a license agreement contract be signed with the City.
- 2016 Downtown Vending Site Auction will held in December 2015. Please check back in October 2015. No more sites are available for the 2015 calendar year. Sites are only leased during the auction.
- You must bring a Photo ID and Letter of Clearance from the Phoenix Police Department and Arizona Transaction License. To save on registration time please complete the Bidding and Deposit Agreement Form. This is a cash only auction.
- Effective April 1, 2004, downtown sidewalk vending on the public right-of-way is only allowed in the Downtown Vending District and by a license agreement with the City on designated sites. The Downtown Vending District is bounded by 7th Street, 7th Avenue, Jackson Street, and Fillmore Street.
- Downtown sidewalk vending agreements are signed each year as the result of a bid award process. The award of sites for use in 2015 will take place on December 11, 2014. A pre-bid meeting for anyone interested in sidewalk vending will be held at the City of Phoenix, Calvin C. Goode Building, 251 West Washington, 10th Floor Room 10 West on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. No parking is provided. Attendance to one of the two pre-bid meeting is optional to bid.
- See the link below for information on the Site Award Process. In addition to reviewing the information below, it is critical that you visit the site locations and observe the potential sites for which you may want to bid during the times that you would plan to use the site(s) for vending purposes. For additional information or clarification, you may contact us at email@example.com.
|Sample License Agreement (PDF)
||This is the contract between the City and the business awarded a site (licensee). The license agreement contains all of the rights, limitations, and requirements for vending in the Downtown Vending District.
|2015 Vending Location List (PDF)
||Appendix A to the License Agreement lists all of the authorized vending locations in the Downtown Vending District. This list is finalized prior to the Site Award Process.
|Site Award Process (PDF)
||This document provides detailed information regarding the Site Award Process conducted in December of each year.
|Representation of Business Form (PDF)
||If the owner of a business will not be present at the Site Award Bid Process event, a representative will only be recognized by use of this notarized form.
If you have questions, please contact us:
City of Phoenix
Gabriela Garcia, Downtown Sidewalk Vending Administrator
251 West Washington Street, 3rd Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85003