Applications are reviewed for eligibility by staff and evaluated and ranked by review panelists using the criteria listed below.
Community Significance & Engagement
The applicant has the clarity of the organization’s mission, vision, and goals and how they relate to the community being served, especially given the current health pandemic.
- What community does your organization serve? Include demographic information, if available, or describe the community as specifically as possible. (400 words)
- Describe continued, evolved, and new engagement strategies that keep you connected to your community during this pandemic. (400 words)
- From the surprises and lessons learned in the past year, how are you reimagining community engagement post-pandemic? (400 words)
Artistic/Cultural Value & Programming
The applicant has identified ways to be thoughtful in providing the community with programs and services that advance the organization’s art/cultural mission during COVID-19.
Financial and Leadership Capacity
- Given COVID-19, list any new or evolved modes of delivering programming (e.g. virtual classes, etc.). What are advantages and disadvantages of these delivery modes to the organization's primary art/cultural form? (400 words)
- List and describe upcoming programming that is exciting to the organization and why. (400 words)
- Primary Programs/Events Upload (past three years of programs, events, and services)
- Video Upload/Link and Description
- Image Upload and Description
The applicant has fiscal accountability and is flexible to keep up with the challenges the organization faces during the Coronavirus crisis, including fiscal health, staff and board development, and a focus on the future.
- Cultural Data Profile Report (Budget upload option for organizations with prior year operating budget between $25,000 and $100,000)
- Reference and explain specific Cultural Data Profile/budget expense and/or revenue line item trends/variances, or debt/loan circumstances that are impacting the financial position. (400 words)
- Describe successes, challenges, or special circumstances related to your financial position in the past, current, and next fiscal year. Reference the CDP report/budget when applicable. (400 words)
Other application questions/attachments
- What is your organization's Mission Statement?
- What is your organization's Vision Statement?
- Upload a list of Board of Directors and list of staff, if applicable
- Upload bios of 1) Artistic/Program Director or equivalent, 2) Executive Director/CEO or equivalent, and 3) Board Chair