The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the grant funds:
Purpose. The city of Phoenix (City) is providing funding to the recipient for federal assistance under the Block Grant Program established by Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, codified as 42 USC 5301 et. seq. and subject to 24 CFR Part 570. It is agreed that these grant funds will be used to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the qualifying business. The business further agrees that funds provided under this Agreement will not be utilized for inherently religious activities prohibited by 24 CFR 570.200(j)), such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization. This grant is made to mitigate economic distress for primary business owners who meet the definition of low-to-moderate income in the city of Phoenix.
Reporting. At the request of the City, recipient shall furnish a report signed by an appropriate officer of the grantee no later than November 1, 2020. The report form will be provided to the recipient upon grant award.
Record Maintenance and Inspection. The grantee must maintain records of receipts and expenditures and make its books and records available to the city for inspection at reasonable times. The city may monitor and conduct an evaluation of business operations under this grant, which may include a visit by city personnel to observe your business’s operation, discuss the business with the grantee’s personnel, and review financial and other records and materials connected with the activities financed by this grant. The city will provide you with reasonable notice of inspection, but such notice is not required to be more than 48 hours.
Prohibited Activities. So that the city may comply with the tax laws of the United States, it is understood that City grant funds will not be used for any of the following purposes:
To carry on propaganda, or otherwise to attempt to influence any legislation (within the meaning of Section 4945(d)(1) of the United States Internal Revenue Code);
To influence the outcome of any specific public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive (within the meaning of Section 4845(d)(2) of the United States Internal Revenue Code);
To make grants to individuals for travel, study or other similar purposes by such individuals (such as scholarships, fellowships or grants for research), unless such grants satisfy the requirements of Section 4945(g) of the IRC;
To make any grant to any other organization which does not comply with the requirements of Section 4945(d)(4) of the United States Internal Revenue Code; or
If you have further questions regarding activities that are not permitted, please contact the
Return of Unused Funds. Any grant funds, and any income earned on those funds, that are not spent or committed for the purposes of the grant, must be returned to the Foundation by November 1, 2020.
Compliance. The city reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue funding if it is not satisfied with the progress of the grant or the content of any written report.
* I understand and agree to the terms of this grant as outlined above.
* I represent to the city that I have the authority to agree to these terms on the grantee’s behalf.
* I certify that the grantee will not utilize any grant funds awarded by the city for the same purpose as any funds that have or may be awarded from government programs, including but not limited to the Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, and that it will not in the future apply for funds from any government program for the same purpose as any funds awarded by the city.
* I certify that grant funds will only be utilized to satisfy operating expenses as a means of mitigating COVID-19 economic injury or supporting COVID-19 services to the business and that grant funds may not be distributed to the business’ shareholders and understand my business’s use of the grant funds is subject to random audits. I understand that, should I use funds for any other purposes, I am responsible for returning some or all of these funds to the federal government.
* Business certifies its understanding that neither it nor any affiliate organization may be awarded funds from multiple City of Phoenix Small Business Resiliency Grant programs and/or Phoenix IDA Small Business Relief Fund programs.
* By signing, I certify that all information provided in this application is true and accurate and the grantee meets all minimum qualifications. I understand not all qualifying applicants will be awarded grant funding and that the City of Phoenix will seek full repayment of funds through any means available if the information in this application is fraudulent and/or intentionally misleading.
* In compliance with Phoenix City Code, Chapter 18, Article V, I will not discriminate against any worker, employee or applicant, or any member of the public, because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability nor otherwise commit an unfair employment practice. I will take action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are dealt with during employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, age or disability and adhere to a policy to pay equal compensation to men and women who perform jobs that require substantially equal skill, effort and responsibility, and that are performed within the same establishment under similar working conditions. Such action will include but not be limited to the following: Employment, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training; including apprenticeship. I further agree that, to the extent these funds are used by a subcontractor, the subcontractor will also comply with Phoenix City Code, Chapter 18, Article V.
* I warrant compliance with all federal immigration laws and regulations that relate to their employees and their compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 23-214, subsection B.
* Governing Law: This Agreement is being executed and delivered in the State of Arizona and shall in all respects be governed, construed, applied and enforced in accordance with the laws of said State.
* By signing, I certify that all information provided in this application is true and accurate and the grantee
meets all minimum qualifications. I understand not all qualifying applicants will be awarded grant funding and that the City
of Phoenix will seek full repayment of funds through any means available if the information in this application is
fraudulent and/or intentionally misleading.
For more information or application questions, please email. Funding decisions are expected to take a minimum of 15
business days to review. Thank you for your patience as we work to deploy funding to microbusinesses/solo practitioners/entrepreneurs
as quickly as possible.
Applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded.