Address Change Resources for Individuals

​​​​​​​​​​​The city will notify USPS, which will update their database to ensure that any mail sent to an address with the previous street name will be delivered to the address under the new street name. The city will also notify the Police, Fire, City Clerk, Finance, Law, Neighborhood Services, Planning and Development, Street Transportation, and Water Services Departments, Maricopa County Recorder, Maricopa County Assessor, Arizona Public Service, Salt River Project, Southwest Gas, Cox Communications, Century Link, Federal Express, United Parcel Service, and private mapping services such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, MapQuest and Wide World of Maps.​

U.S. Postal Service

(800) 275-8777

The city will contact USPS to update their database to ensure that any mail sent to an address with the previous street name will be delivered to the address under the new street name. 

Motor Vehicle Services Department (MVD) - Driver License and Vehicle Registration​

(602) 712-2700

Arizona law requires all driver license and identification card holders to report any change of address to MVD within 10 days.  Address changes are free. When you change your address on MVD records, it will automatically change the address on your driver license/state ID record and on each vehicle record on which you are designated to receive the registration. There is a $12 fee for a replacement driver license or identification card. 


(800) 829-1040

Complete form 8822, tell them by phone, or simply use your new address on your tax return when you file.

Maricopa County Recorder - Voter Registration

(602) 506-1511

To change your addresss on your voter registartion you will need to re-register to vote. Arizona law allows for name and address changes to be made at any time and it won’t impact your ability to vote on Election Day.

Maricopa County Recorder - Property Deed or Title

(602) 506-3535

Ownership of a property is taken by legal description of the property not by the property address.  Since the ownership is based on the legal description of the property, there is no need for property owners to make any changes to their deed or title because of an address change.

Your Employer

Your employer will need to know if you've moved or changed your address recently because they will send your W-2 tax forms to your last known address.

Payment Services, Loan Issuers, Banks, Credit Unions, Credit Card Companies, Retail Accounts, Other Financial Agencies

Check your billing statements or bank cards for websites and phone numbers to contact for address changes. 

Credit Reporting Bureaus

Experian -​

TransUnion -​

Equifax -

If you change your address with your lenders, credit card companies, and bank, the reporting agencies will update the address without you having to contact them.

Insurance Companies, Service Providers, Cell Phone Providers, Subscription Services, Memberships

Health, dental, homeowners, car, and life insurance providers should be on your list of companies that you need to notify of an address change. You’ll need to notify any doctors, dentists, therapists, or vets that currently provide you and your family with medical services of any address changes. Also notify your lawyer if you have one. Home Security, Pest Control, Lawn Service or other services should also be notified. These companies need to know that you’ve changed your address.  Many of these services are web-based, so you can log in to your account to update your profile.

Social Security Administration - Social Security and Medicare Benefits

Individuals Receving Social Security or Medicare Benefits -​

All Others -

(800) 772-1213

If you receive Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability benefits, or Medicare, you can change your address using your my Social Security account. If you don't receive Social Security benefits or Medicare, you can change your address by contating the Social Security Adminstration by phone, email, or in person. See their website for more information.

Department of Veteran Affairs​

(844) 698-2311

Contact the VA if you are a veteran who receives benefit payments or you want to update your records.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

(800) 375-5283

Contact USCIS within 10 days of a move if you are a non-U.S. citizen who is required to register your address. It’s crucial to keep your address up to date to avoid any issues with your case.

Schools and Childcare Providers

Notify any school or daycare that you or a family member attend.

Online Shopping Sites

Change your address with any online stores where you shop frequently, for example Amazon, Costco and eBay.

Disclaimer: All resources provided are for general informational purposes only. Contact information is for third-party organizations which may update their procedures or fee schedules at any time. For the most current information available, please contact the organization directly.​