What is Adaptive Reuse?
The City of Phoenix's award-winning Adaptive Reuse Program began as a pilot program in April 2008, and today is one of the most comprehensive programs of its kind in the country. The program offers development guidance, streamlined processes, reduced timeframes, and cost savings to customers looking to adapt older buildings for new business uses. Additionally, the adaptive reuse of existing buildings preserves our history, contributes to economic vitality, promotes building effort, and creates more vibrant neighborhoods.
- Assistance with development process
- Streamlined Process
- Regulatory Relief
- Cost Savings/Incentives Available
- To qualify for plan review and permit assistance, the building must meet the following criteria:
- An independent structure permitted prior to 2000
- A change of occupancy or significant change of use is proposed
- The change incorporates the entire building
- The building is 25,000 square feet or less in size