Exchange Container Size
There are two sizes of trash containers: Medium and Large. Large containers hold 5 tall kitchen trash bags. Medium containers hold 4 tall kitchen bags. Tall kitchen bags are the 13-gallon size. Size exchanges (large to medium) for your trash containers may be eligible for a discount.
- Customers can upgrade their medium container to a large for an additional charge of $3 per month.
- Cancellation of either the SAY R&R program or the Green Organics Curbside Collection program may result in a $10 "return fee"
- Residents may request additional large trash containers (green) for a monthly fee of $13.40/month
- Residential customers may have up to two large recycling containers (blue) at no extra cost. Monthly fees may apply for the third, and any additional recycling containers.
- Green organics containers have an additional monthly fee of $5 per container requested.
Container Repair or Replacement
All containers issued by the City for use in conjunction with an automated loading device shall remain the City's property. The City is responsible for repairs to the City-owned containers when damage is caused during normal usage. Containers shall be secured, between collection days, in such manner that they are not readily susceptible to theft or vandalism. Anyone found to have intentionally or negligently damaged a City–owned container shall be liable to pay the replacement or repair cost. (Phoenix City Code Chapter 27, Sec. 27-19, H)
When requesting a repair/replacement or size exchange for your container, please remember the following items:
- Container must be placed next to your home where it is visible and accessible from the street.
- You may continue to use your container.
- Bag and tie your trash.
- Only place curbside if you are expecting service.
- It will be exchanged within the next 1 to 7 business days
- If you have a Home Owners Association (HOA), notify them that you are leaving your container out because you are expecting an exchange/repair from the city of Phoenix.
- You may continue to use the alley container while the repair/replacement is in process.
- Bag and tie your trash (not recyclable materials). No further action is needed.
Contact UsRepair/replace container, Add or change a service