Save As You Reduce & Recycle (SAY R&R) - Exchange Container Size
For households that don’t produce enough trash to fill a large trash container (good for you!) every week, consider the SAY R&R program. This program offers residents with curbside collection the option to downsize their current large trash container to a medium size for a monthly savings of $3 on their solid waste bill. A large container can fit up to five 13-gallon size bags, while a medium container can fit four. The only requirement: the household must be enrolled in the city’s recycling program.
- Customers can upgrade their medium container to a large for an additional charge of $3 per month.
- Cancellation of either the SAY R&R program or the Green Organics Curbside Collection program may result in a $10 "return fee"
- Residents may request additional large trash containers (black) for a monthly fee of $15.28/month
- Residential customers may have up to two large recycling containers (blue) at no extra cost. Monthly fees may apply for the third, and any additional recycling containers.
- Green organics containers have an additional monthly fee of $5 per container requested.
Container Repair or Replacement
All containers issued by the City for use in conjunction with an automated loading device shall remain the City's property. The City is responsible for repairs to the City-owned containers when damage is caused during normal usage. Containers shall be secured, between collection days, in such manner that they are not readily susceptible to theft or vandalism. Anyone found to have intentionally or negligently damaged a City–owned container shall be liable to pay the replacement or repair cost. (Phoenix City Code Chapter 27, Sec. 27-19, H)
When requesting a repair/replacement or size exchange for your container, please remember the following items:
- Container must be placed next to your home where it is visible and accessible from the street.
- You may continue to use your container.
- Bag and tie your trash.
- Only place curbside if you are expecting service.
- It will be exchanged within the next 1 to 7 business days
- If you have a Home Owners Association (HOA), notify them that you are leaving your container out because you are expecting an exchange/repair from the city of Phoenix.
- You may continue to use the alley container while the repair/replacement is in process.
- Bag and tie your trash (not recyclable materials). No further action is needed.
Contact UsRepair/replace container, Add or change a service