- Architect or structural engineer registered in Arizona for at least three years to certify building plans
- Landscape architect registered in Arizona for at least three years to certify landscape and parking lot plans
- Civil engineer registered in Arizona for at least three years to certify grading and drainage and parking lot plans
- Architects certified for building plans may also attend training to certify parking lot plans
- Successful completion of self-certification training from the Planning & Development Department
Exception Application for Other Professionals
- Interested engineers (other than structural) registered in Arizona for at least three years who demonstrate they have operated as a "project prime professional," as defined by the Arizona Board of Technical Registration
To be considered, non-structural engineers must complete the Application for Enrollment into Training Class Form (PDF). This application is not required for professionals who meet the qualifications listed in the "Professional Qualifications" section above.
Participants will get an extensive overview of the Self-Certification Program requirements and submittal process. The training reinforces that the participant is fully responsible for all aspects of a self-certification project including the plan review and compliance with the Phoenix Building Construction Code.
Training for building plan certification is a two-day session
Landscape and civil training are one day training sessions
Structural and Electrical Peer Reviewers must attend a two hour training session
Register online to reserve your space in upcoming training classes. Dates and times are listed there.