The City of Phoenix Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program has three alternatives for filing taxes for those meeting eligibility requirements. Free services ensure all taxpayer's income, deductions, and allowable credits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), are claimed and increase taxpayer education while promoting self-sufficiency. Save hundreds of dollars in paid preparer fees. First come, first served.
You have choices when it comes to getting your taxes done with VITA:
1. Do it Yourself (Facilitated Self-Assistance)
· Prepare your own federal and state tax return using our FREE online software in the comfort and safety of your home
· Income limitation is $73,000 Adjusted Gross Income
· Interview-based software helps you file an accurate return
· Available in Spanish
· File electronically and get your refund faster
· You will have access to your tax return at any time with your secure log-in
· Requires basic computer skills and access to last year's tax return
· Volunteers will be available to answer basic tax law questions within the scope of the City of Phoenix VITA Program
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the FREE tax preparation software link and instructions.
Watch a video to learn how to use the Do It Yourself system.
Do It Yourself Instructions 1-19-22 Web.pdf
Do It Yourself Instructions Espanol .pdf
2. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Drop Off and In-Person Services
· Certified IRS tax volunteers prepare and e-file tax returns
·Low to moderate-income taxpayers ($60,000 or less per household)
For the quickest service, please make an appointment on-line
at the location and time that best suits you!
Schedule Your Appointment Now!
Steps to schedule an appointment for services:
Don't have access to the internet to schedule your appointment?
You may leave a voice message, and staff will schedule a phone appointment to determine if you are eligible for services
call 602 534 8359.
Please do not leave more than one message, as we receive a high volume of calls.
You will receive a telephone call from a VITA volunteer to help determine if you are eligible for our services. It may take several days and will be from a blocked number. If qualified for services, the VITA volunteer will schedule an appointment for you!
Questions? Please email any questions to email@example.com or call (602) 534 8359.
VITA Client Instructions and Forms
Document Check List (English) / (Espanol(PDF)
Intake/Interview Form (English) /Form 13614-C Spanish
The Intake/Interview Form is the primary form that the taxpayer fills out.
3 . Myfreetaxes.com
· Self-paced, step-by-step guidance for filing both Federal and State tax returns online for free
· IRS-certified tax volunteers are available via online chat.
· Use your basic computer skills to complete your taxes in your own home.
Don't live in Phoenix and want in-person service? To find locations close to you, visit the IRS VITA Site Locator