2121 N. 15th Ave.
The Encanto Park Sports Complex consists of the following areas: 8 tennis courts, 3 youth / pickleball courts, 8 four-wall handball/racquetball courts (one is lined for squash), 4 volleyball courts, 2 sand volleyball courts, 4 full basketball courts, 1 equipment room, 1 office building with 2 restrooms attached, and 1 ballfield. All areas are lighted for evening play. Light controls are located in the Sports Complex Office.
7 a.m.-10 p.m. seven days a week.
Hours may vary on city holidays, call (602) 261-8443 for holiday updates.
Summer Hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
Open 6 a.m. -12 p.m.
Closed 12 - 5 p.m.
Open 5 -10 p.m.
Hours may vary on city holidays, call 602-261-8443 for holiday updates.
Inclement Weather. The sports complex may close without notice if there are (or there is a threat of) hazardous court conditions such as; rain, lightening, monsoons, power outages, etc.
Sports Complex Rules
- A Recreation Pass is required for sports equipment check-out. A recreation pass is valid at all City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Centers and Sports Complexes. Recreation Passes are valid for one year. Current fees are as follows: $5: Phoenix Resident Youth, $10: Non-Phoenix Youth, $10: Phoenix Resident Adult, $20: Non Phoenix Adult.
- Spitting, gum, glass, alcohol, seeds, weapons, skates, skateboards, wheeled shoes are not permitted inside the sports complex.
- No dunking or hanging on rims or nets.
- No foul language (swearing, racial or derogatory comments are not permitted)
- Only shoes with soft non-marking soles allowed on all hard courts.
- Shoes are not required for sand volleyball courts.
- Food and drinks (without spill proof lids i.e. big gulp style) are allowed on picnic tables only.
- Drinks with spill proof lids are allowed in court areas.
- Patrons may bring their bicycle in to the court area but must walk it once they pass the gate. Bikes must be stowed out of the way in a manner that does not constitute a hazard.
- Per city ordinance (Ord. No. G-5144, 2, adopted 4-16-2008, eff. 5-16-2008) No private or commercial lessons, clinics, tournaments or leagues are allowed on City tennis courts unless sponsored or contracted by Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department.
- Pets must be on a leash and leash must remain in physical control of an adult. You are responsible for all actions of your pet. You are responsible for cleaning up any mess your pet makes. Owners whose pets exhibit aggressive or nuisance behaviors will be asked to take the pet out of the sports complex.
Basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, footballs, tennis rackets and tennis balls, racquetball rackets and racquet balls, playground balls, tether ball, and various board games.
Staff may suspend a patron's check out privileges for repeated loss or damage.
Tennis courts are reserved for seasonal Sports Complex programming. Occasionally permission will be given to a school to use the courts at hours that are historically minimally used by the public. Other than those two instances courts are first come first served with no time limits.
Volleyball courts are reserved for seasonal Sports Complex Programming. Occasionally permission will be given to a school to use the courts at hours that are historically minimally used by the public. Other than those two instances courts are first come first served. When the courts are full staff will turn one court into a challenge court where winners stay on the court and losing teams rotate out.
Basketball courts are reserved for seasonal Sports Complex Programming. Occasionally permission will be given to a school to use the courts at hours that are historically minimally used by the public. Other than those two instances courts are first come first served. Full court play is allowed if attendance is such that all other teams have courts to play on. When attendance is high all courts turn into half court games only. When all courts are full and teams are waiting, the court nearest the equipment room turns into a challenge court where winners stay on and losing teams rotate out.
Racquetball (Handball/Squash) Court Procedure:
Racquetball courts are reserved for seasonal Sports Complex Programming. Other than that courts are first come first served with a guaranteed 1 hour minimum playing time. If at the end of your 1 hour allotment no one is waiting you can stay in that court until you are finished or you can stay on that court until all other courts fill up and someone is waiting. At the point when someone is waiting; whoever has been in a court the longest will be asked to vacate the court. The vacating players can sign in on the waiting list for another court.
The sports complex courts are typically not reservable. However schools with an existing reciprocal relationship with the Parks and Recreation Department may request usage during historically low usage times (typically weekdays 4pm-6pm). School usage requests for organized school team practices or games must be submitted in writing to the park manager a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the anticipated start date. If permission to use the courts is granted the school must have a valid certificate of liability insurance on file with the City for the duration of their usage. School teams and any spectators they draw must follow all sports complex rules and codes of conduct.
Requests by non-school, private or commercial entities to have exclusive use of the sports courts are typically denied.
The Ballfield is reserved seasonally for City Youth Sports Programming. Other than that the ballfield can be reserved in two-hour increments. Athletic field rental rates are currently $15/hr for adult groups and $4/hr for youth groups. All organized games, practices and activities require a reservation. Ballfield reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance.
Encanto Ballfield is available for on-going reservations. All on-going reservations must have valid certificate of insurance on file with the City for the duration of their allocation.
When there are no reservations on the ballfield the entire area is open for non organized free play. Due to the location of 12th Ave and the residential area behind the outfield, adult baseball is not allowed at Encanto Ballfield.