The purpose and responsibility of the Case Review Task Force is to review previously investigated cases involving children; physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect for successful prosecutorial potential and solvability. It is our mission to ensure the victims and their families receive service they expect and deserve. We also want to adhere to our Policing Plan and mission of commitment to our community through thorough investigations in a timely manner utilizing all available resources to bring each case to a successful conclusion.
The Case Review Task Force is commanded by a lieutenant. There are three sergeants who supervise 18 detectives dedicated to these investigations.
The mission of the Crimes Against Children Unit and the Case Review Task Force is to protect children from harm, ensure justice through quality investigations, and use our spirit of service to reduce further trauma to victims and their families.
- We are committed to this mission and to Policing with a Purpose: nurturing the protection of democracy, ensuring justice with a spirit of service and a fundamental fairness while protecting others from harm.
- Any person who was involved with an investigation and who feels that the case should be reviewed by our detectives to call, email or stop in to the Crimes Against Children Unit Case Review Task Force.
- All cases will be reviewed for statute of limitations considerations before being assigned to a detective.
- The detective will review all evidence in the case and make a determination if additional investigative efforts will increase solvability and prosecutorial potential.
- If additional investigation is necessary then the case will be re-opened.
- Email us at: ChildCrimesHotline.PPD@phoenix.gov or call us at: (602) 262-4KID
- Stop by and talk to us: 2120 North Central Avenue, St. 100, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- If you wish to remain anonymous please consider contacting Silent Witness at 480WITNESS (480-948-6377)
- If you have a new report to make or an incident you wish to report you can call the National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4435) or Phoenix Police Department Crime Stop 602-262-6151