Last year's Phoenix Food Day was a success! The Phoenix Food Day committee wants to thank everyone for being a part of the celebration last year on Oct. 24. Thanks to exhibitors, sponsors and volunteers, the event soared above expectations.
- More than 2,000 people attended the celebration.
- Two thousand apples were distributed at the event for the 2nd Annual Apple crunch, which included crunches at six different Phoenix libraries and 300 apples were crunched into at the Phoenix PAC After-school Program!
- More than 200 tickets were purchased at the inaugural Food Day Café and the proceeds were donated to the two participating cooking schools; Classic Cooking Academy and Helpings Kitchen.
- More than 100 high school students attended the celebration including Desert Vista High School Steal Drum Band (and their amazing performance), Metropolitan Art Institute, and Bioscience High School.
- Achieved a Zero-Waste event! By diverting more than 70% of our waste from the landfill (93 pounds of compostable material went to Recycled Cities to be composted into soil and 655 pounds of recycled material went to the city of Phoenix recycling facility).
This year we are expecting an even bigger turnout. The City of Phoenix would love to see you there!