Special Event Liquor (Series 15)

​Share this page​


Currently, the public must schedule an appointment to conduct business at City Hall, including License Services. Please contact License Services at 602-262-4638 to schedule your appointment. Staff is also available to assist you via telephone and can direct you to online and email resources, where available.


Do I need a Special Event Liquor License?

A license is required to deal in liquor in the state of Arizona. If your organization will purchase, store, serve, or provide liquor, you will be dealing in liquor and will need to be licensed.

Who can apply for a Special Event Liquor License?

  • A nonprofit entity that is organized as a nonprofit entity in Arizona (or pursuant to the laws of another state) and that is a nonprofit entity under section 501(c) of the internal revenue code of the United States.
  • A government entity or political party or campaign committee supporting a candidate for public office or a ballot measure.

What are the responsibilities of a Special Event licensee?

Read all of the rules and regulations listed in the following statute/codes, including:

    How do I get started?

    General Information

    Application Forms
    To apply for a Special Event Liquor License that requires City approval, BOTH the City and DLLC application forms must be submitted directly to License Services.


    Other Items You May Need

    From other City of Phoenix Departments:

    From other State or County Agencies: