Have a question that wasn't listed here? You can use our website's Search feature, or send your
question directly to us now.
1. Under what authority does the city of Phoenix require a wastewater discharge permit?
2. Does my business need a permit?
3. What is the city of Phoenix permitting process?
4. How long does the permit process take, and how long are permits valid?
A business intending to start any new industrial discharge(s), or any additional industrial discharge(s) not already allowed under an existing permit, must apply for a new or amended permit at least ninety days prior to initiating such discharge(s) are issued permits. Permits are valid for up to a five-year period.
5. What are 'one-time' temporary discharge permits, and how do I get one?
One-time temporary discharge permits may be issued for the disposal of contaminated groundwater and other one-time discharges into the city of Phoenix sanitary sewer system.
Requests for one-time temporary discharge permits must use the
Discharge Request Form found at the following link: Click here. This should be submitted at least 10 work days prior to the requested dischard start date. Additional considerations may required up to 30 days' notice.
Email completed form to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to