City of Phoenix received funding through the Arizona Highway User Revenue
(AHUR) for street improvements to 43rd Street from McDowell Road to Palm Lane
and along the southwest side of Palm Lane and 43rd Street for approximately 150
feet. The project will enhance safety and mobility for pedestrians in the area.
- Constructing new four-foot sidewalks where none currently exist on both sides
of 43rd Street and along the southwest side of Palm Lane and 43rd Street for
approximately 150 feet
- New ADA ramp at southwest corner of 43rd Street and Palm Lane.
- New and upgraded street lights
- New alley entrance
- Adjust existing driveways to tie in with the new sidewalks
- Relocating fences, mail boxes and existing utilities
Improve pedestrian mobility and safety and meet new City of
Phoenix standards and guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- New ADA ramps
- Driveway Retrofits
- Street Lights
Design: Completed October 2020
Public Outreach: Construction Notice has been distributed
Construction of original work completed june 2021
Construction has been competed August 2021
Project Number ST87750149